Stream

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

My mage finds the 51-60 bracket

As the title suggests my mage has made it to 58 as of last night. What is even crazier is I started the day at 50. Yes that is right 8 levels in 1 day. I would have never thought it was possible, but from level 51-60 there is a little gem known as Alterac Valley.

For those of you who may not know, Alterac Valley is a 40 vs. 40 bg set in a snowy tundra where the horde and alliance try to capture bunkers/towers in hopes of getting rid of the other teams reinforcements/battlemasters so they can either kill the boss man for either side or run the other team out of reinforcements. Its a bad explanation I know so I figured Id get the friendly people over at wowwiki to explain Alterac Valley. There ya go.

Anyway as I was saying this is a gem in this bracket because each win will net you about half of your level and a loss will get you about one-third of your level. Sounds crazy I know but it is completely true. If you dont believe me just level a character up to 51 and start queueing for AVs.

The only downside to this is that is just about has to be peak hour to get a queue worth anything. For instance yesterday I was queued up from about noon til about 3pm, thats right 3 hours in queue. It was then at 3pm where the queue popped and I played game after game after game of AV. The queues were popping so fast is was just about like one right after the other. Pretty nice considering the experience.

That is about all Ive done this week. Did a few BGs on Almanac and I still love the new honor changes. When the servers come back up though today is the day that I get Almanac into his VOAs and ICCs and stuff. Hopefully it will all go smoothly.

No comments:

Post a Comment