Stream

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Ongoing arena frustrations

Im getting pretty frustrated with arena. My main comp currently is Holy Pally/Arms Warrior and we can't get past 1200. Last season we were able to get to 1600 but this season we just aren't getting it done. I feel individually we are both playing well, but we don't come together as a team. This really shouldn't come as a surprise to me, Ive had issues with teamwork my whole life, not just in WoW.

As it currently stands I believe I play at a level that would allow us to win. Ive recently gotten over my communication issue where I hate barking things out, but Ive gotten over it and start asking for cleanses. An area I may be faltering in is the defensive area. It isnt non-existent, but I may be doing it too late, which could definitely be causing us games. Other than that I assist my partner with disarms and intervenes and peels the best I can, but I wouldnt know I just cant get any feedback from him.

I communicate well with him and after every game I go over what I believe went wrong. I mainly see it as a fault he did and tell him how he could do it better. After I go over what I think he doesnt say anything about my play and I highly doubt I played without fault, but he never tells me a thing. It does make me feel self-conscious sometimes, but by the time it happens Im already getting pissed off that we are losing and he isnt talking to me.

A glaring issue we seem to have is what I believe to be his positioning, its not thought out at all. Ok lets say we are on RoV and I switch to their healer, well their healer will run to one of the big pillars and he will run all the way across the arena to the other one unbeknownst to me. Eventually he will call for help when I am way . the fuck out of range and he dies, obviously. In this example Ive told him plenty times that he needs to be in a decent range of me, either at one of the small pillars or there with me at the big pillar. Another part of positioning that sucks is when I need to intervene the path is never there because he is either too far away or he is hiding from me.

Another thing he does is when he is dieing and trying to kite something he kites it away from me. Good example, in Lordaeron he is getting raped by a dps so he jumps over the tomb and back over kiting the dps awesomely, but in the meantime I can't get a handle on him because im busy trying to recover from the jump over the tomb. Here Ive told him he needs to stop jumping over the tomb when he wants me to peel because I can't get a handle on the person, instead he should run around so I can either intercept the person or he can run it to me.

Another thing is I can't trust in his assitance and it kinda sucks. The main way we try to play pal/warr is to widdle one down, stun the healer and bladestorm the low one. This is great in theory, but we have many issues with it. Sometimes I will call for a HoJ and I will get it at the right time and we win, but most of the time I will call for a HoJ and I won't get it until it is too late. I dont know what causes such a screw up but I know some of it was because he wasnt in a position to assist, some of it may be because I was being offensive when I should be defensive and he is trying to keep me up. Either way he has never told me that I play offensive at the wrong times, that is something that has just popped into my mind. This is a new thing Ive found out here recently and while Ive talked with him about it I dont see any head way being made.

No comments:

Post a Comment